New Garden’s First Annual Walk-a-Thon
Bulldogs … Get your walking shoes ready!!
The first ever New Garden Elementary School Walk-a-Thon is coming!
Friday, October 12th
This is your chance to have fun with your friends, get fit, and help make New Garden Elementary School one awesome place to learn and have fun! With everyone’s help, we can make this Walk-a-Thon a fun-filled day for the whole school! Represent your grade on Walk-a-Thon Day in your grade’s color!
1st Grade – Blue
2nd Grade – Red
3rd Grade – Green
4th Grade – White
5th Grade – Grey
100% of the funds students raise will go directly to the school PTO to benefit our students. All PTO funds go towards New Garden Elementary School’s student events and school needs, but this year, our Walk-a-Thon’s focus will be to raise money to enhance our playgrounds with new sports equipment and to add some great new features to our blacktops!
Not only are you raising money for a great cause, but there are lots of awesome prizes to be won for students who raise set donation amounts and ALL participants will earn a special Walk-a-Thon Toe Token!
The Walk-a-Thon will take place at the school during school hours on Friday, October 12th. Participation is free and students will walk, with their classmates and teachers, during their designated times. Families and sponsors are welcome, and encouraged, to come and cheer for the Bulldog walkers throughout the day. Parents who are volunteering will need clearances, but spectators are not required to have them.
Grades 3, 4, and 5 will walk from 10:00am to 11:00am
Grades 1 and 2 will walk from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
*In case of severe inclement weather, the Walk-a-Thon will be moved inside and students will participate inside in the gym during their regularly scheduled specials time.
The process is simple. Students will ask family and friends to be “Sponsors.”
- Sponsorship is a single donation and not based on laps or minutes walked.
- “Sponsors” are those lovely folks who agree to donate money for your participation as a walker in the Walk-a-Thon. They may be friends, family, neighbors, and parents’ co-workers or business associates. Please do not go door-to-door unless you have an adult with you.
- Check with employers for employee matching.
- Cash or checks made out to “New Garden PTO,” will be collected by your child’s homeroom teacher. You are responsible for giving each sponsor one of the receipts found in the Walk-a-Thon packet or online.
- For friends and family who may be out of town, a sample pledge letter is available online and with your Walk-a-Thon packet.
Donations and extra copies of the information packet and forms can be found at our Walk-a-Thon Page.
Donations are processed through PayPal. PayPal personal accounts are not required for processing. Make sure to include the student’s FULL NAME that you are sponsoring in the notes section on your PayPal payment.
Walk-a-Thon packets were sent home with students on Monday, September 17, 2018