Weekly, several students meet before school to participate in Math Olympiad with Mrs. Mary Ella Verdes. These students are deep thinkers and problem solvers. Math Olympiad is an international contest that promotes:
- an enthusiasm for problem solving and mathematics;
- a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and strengthen ability to use these concepts;
- a consideration of concepts that students might not otherwise encounter;
- intellectually stimulating mental activities; and
- a stronger foundation for assessments and for future mathematics studies.