Weekly, several students meet before school to participate in Math Olympiad with Mrs. Mary Ella Verdes. Math Olympiad is an international contest that promotes:
- an enthusiasm for problem solving and mathematics;
- a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and strengthen ability to use these concepts;
- a consideration of concepts that students might not otherwise encounter;
- intellectually stimulating mental activities; and
- a stronger foundation for assessments and for future mathematics studies.
As you can see from the pictures, these students are deep thinkers and problem solvers.