Among the many things first graders have to learn, logging onto a computer program is just one of them. Recently, Mrs. Samantha Hamill’s and Mrs. Heather Jernegan’s fourth grade classes helped two first grade classes learn how to log onto Aleks. It will take several attempts before the first graders will be successful but at least the fourth graders were there to lend a helping hand.
What an exciting day it was at New Garden Elementary School! Thanks to Discovery Kitchen, students participated in Citrus Month. Chartwells, the District’s food services company, periodically brings the Discovery Kitchen to the school to introduce healthy food choices. This time, Discovery Kitchen provided students with a sample of citrus beet salad. Many teachers and members of the staff also enjoyed the citrus beet salad.
Fifty fabulous first grade students attended the showing of “Coco” for completing their South America Reading Around the World log before winter break. 177 students in second through fifth grade will also enjoy this movie. That’s a total of 227 amazing students. “Wow” is an understatement! The teachers and staff of New Garden Elementary School are very proud of your work.
Weekly, several students meet before school to participate in Math Olympiad with Mrs. Mary Ella Verdes. These students are deep thinkers and problem solvers. Math Olympiad is an international contest that promotes:
- an enthusiasm for problem solving and mathematics;
- a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and strengthen ability to use these concepts;
- a consideration of concepts that students might not otherwise encounter;
- intellectually stimulating mental activities; and
- a stronger foundation for assessments and for future mathematics studies.
One of the most anticipated events at New Garden Elementary School is “Breakfast with Buddy.” This event brings parents, guardians, and family members to the school to join students and Buddy the Bulldog for delicious donuts and refreshing water for the kids and hot Starbucks coffee for the adults. Everyone had a great time!
Calling All New Garden Talent!!
Talent Show website has updated!! Please visit for information and online signup sheet.
New Garden Talent Show Website
Any questions, email email@example.com or text for remind updates! Send message to 81010 or sign up through app with code @ngtal2019. Thanks!
New Garden Elementary School’s PTO supports and plans many activities and events for the school’s students. One event, the Second Annual International Family Night, recently welcomed more than one hundred seventy people to an amazing display of cultures and diversity. A couple of years ago, New Garden’s PTO recognized the richness of backgrounds in our school community and endeavored to bring the school together for a free family event to share in the food, games, and entertainment of the various cultures. This year, fifteen different countries were represented, including the Philippines, Spain, Canada, Ireland, Australia, Germany, Mexico, China and India. New Garden families brought in amazing foods like Koshary from Egypt, Mac & Cheese from America, Taletina Na Safte from Croatia, Cheese Flan from Puerto Rico, and Tarallas, Pizzelles and Meatballs from Italy, to name a few.
In addition to the activities and food, performances by Fusion-Taals, a local Indian dance group, shared the traditional Indian dance Garba as well as intricate footwork and spins of the Indian classical dance form Kathak. Later in the evening, an amazing Enzian Volkstanzgruppe (German Dance Group), shared traditional folk dances and encouraged many families to dance with them. The evening ended with Enzian Musikanten (German Dance Band) playing a mix of traditional German music. Students had an opportunity to take passport photos, as well as, the option to send a postcard to their loved ones from the event featuring all of the different destinations around the world that were represented on this evening. New Garden’s PTO hopes to continue this tradition and for the event to gain further popularity among our school community. La Comunidad Hispana sponsored one of the international tables to share what they do for the broader community of Kennett Square. It was a wonderful evening and everyone became more culturally enriched.
In an effort to continuously improve upon a safe & secure environment for our students and staff, the District, in collaboration with local law enforcement, identified priorities related to building security which included the revised visitor procedures listed below. These procedures will be implemented at all buildings beginning Friday, February 1st.
Thank you and we truly appreciate your support and cooperation moving forward.
Building Entrance Procedures
- All visitors must have an appointment.
- Please call the main office to schedule an appointment prior to arriving at the building.
- All visitors will be welcomed with a standardized script, and will need to provide their name and purpose of their visit.
- All visitors shall enter through the main entrance of the school and report immediately to the main office.
- If leaving an item for a student or staff member, please notify the main office and place the item(s) in the collection box located outside the main entrance to be collected in a timely manner.
Visitor Identification Procedures
- All visitors must present photo identification. The photo ID will be secured in the main office and will be returned upon sign out.
- Authorized visitors will be given a red KCSD Visitor lanyard and badge which must be worn at all times while in the building.
*A visitor is considered any person not employed by the KCSD.
Es un esfuerzo continuo por mejorar un entorno seguro para nuestros estudiantes y personal, el distrito escolar en colaboración con las autoridades locales, identificó las prioridades relacionadas con la seguridad del edificio que incluyen los procedimientos revisados para visitantes que se mencionan a continuación.Estos procedimientos se implementarán en todos los edificios, a partir del viernes 1° de febrero.
Agradecemos enormemente su apoyo y cooperación para avanzar.
Procedimientos de entrada al edificio escolar
- Todos los visitantes deben tener una cita.
- Llame a la oficina principal para programar una cita antes de llegar al edificio.
- Todos los visitantes serán recibidos con un guión estandarizado, solicitando su nombre y el propósito de la visita.
- Todos los visitantes deberán ingresar por la entrada principal de la escuela e informar inmediatamente a la oficina principal.
- Si va a dejar un artículo para el estudiante o miembro del personal, notifique a la oficina principal y coloque los artículos en la caja de recolección ubicada, afuera de la entrada principal, para que se recojan de manera oportuna.
Procedimientos de identificación para visitantes
- Todos los visitantes deben presentar una identificación con foto, para inspección en la oficina principal. La identificación se asegurará en la oficina principal y se devolverá al momento de cerrar la sesión y regresar el cordón de visitante.
- A todos los visitantes autorizados se les entregará un cordón rojo y una insignia de visitante de KCSD que se deben usar en todo momento mientras se encuentre en el edificio escolar.
*Cualquier visitante es considerado persona no empleada por el KCSD.